WHAT IS HERCBASE™
HERCBASE™ is a unique Canadian additive system, that is designed exclusively for cementitious materials to suspend the reactive particles into a pseudo-plastic matrix. HERCBASE™ allows for easier transporting and dust-free placement of cement, fly ash, lime, blast furnace slag, lime kiln dust, cement kiln dust (or any combination) via liquid tanker truck for periods of up to 6 hours without degradation or segregation.
- Cement factor 2%-8% (3%-5% common).
- Effective in granular and clay soils.
- Significant and immediate reductions in PI
- Immediate increase in soil strength.
- No mellowing, allowing for next day traffic and construction.
- All-weather work platform.
- Produces workable foundation for both rigid and flexible pavements.
- Permanent modification
- Strength improves immediately & increases over years.
- No long-term effects from leaching.
- Reduced maintenance costs.
HERCBASE™ VS CEMENTITIOUS PRODUCTS
- HERCBASE™ is an environmentally friendly construction process.
- Not harmful to workers or bystanders.
- More consistent than dry products once mixed with the soil.
- Faster production for stabilization crews.
- Less dust, resulting in less maintenance to equipment.
- Requires less water & cuts down on water haul-in time.
- Less site congestion.
- Safer work environment and ease of truck scheduling.
- The all weather ability of HERCBASE™ allows for it to be applied on wet and windy days, allowing you to stay on schedule.
- HERCBASE™ gets more utilization out of the cement, resulting in a decreased amount of cement required to reach the same results of a dry product. One ton of reduction in cement amounts to a one ton reduction of greenhouse gases. Less cement per project also helps in times of cement and trucking shortages.
- Eliminates removal of soils from job site.
- Liquid form eliminates air pollution-causing dust.
- Soil stabilization uses less product resulting in decreased construction traffic, reducing fuel emissions.
- Cement stabilization uses less water, in comparison to unbonded pavement construction.
TECHNICAL AdVANTAGES OF CEMENT SOIL STABILIZATION
- Stabilized cement soil has layer coefficient number of .20 - .24.
- Low permeability.
- Increases compressive strengths of soil.
- Increases durability of pavement.
- Increases pavement support (optimizes the performance of upper layer).
- Decreases plasticity index to meet job specifications.
Economical Advantages of Cement Soil Stabilization vs Unbonded Bases
- Unbonded base structural number is .12/inch - Cement.
- Stabilization structural number is .20 to .24/inch.
- Truck traffic & fuel usage reduced.
- Allows for work in wet conditions (fast construction).
- Use of existing soils eliminating haul-in and haul-out.
- Pinpoint Application
- Reduced waste of existing material on job site.
- Consistent delivery rate with computer controlled applicator.
- Higher concentration of slurry to soils.